SchipperkeRescue.Net, Inc. is a 501(c)3 public charity incorporated in Pennsylvania and located in Lancaster, PA.
The Mission of SchipperkeRescue.Net, Inc. is to assist and participate in the rescue, rehabilitation and finding of approved, loving homes for Schipperkes in need.
SchipperkeRescue.Net, Inc. will, as a policy:
Provide information to and a conduit between and among the General Public and those involved in the Rescue and Rehoming of Schipperke dogs including:
- Information about the Schipperke breed and the rescue process;
- A means for members of the General Public to find Rescuers to whom to surrender unwanted Schipperkes;
- A means for member of the General Public to locate Rescuers to work with to adopt rescued Schipperkes;
- A source of volunteers for Rescuers to find assistance to Bail-out, Transport, Foster, and Train rescued Schipperkes;
- Forms and procedures for the surrender and adoption of Schipperkes; and
- Information to help all Schipperke owners and prospective owners in special circumstances.
- Assist independent Rescuers with the essential medical care required by rescued Schipperkes, including (but not limited to), physical examination, spay/neuter, and vaccinations (see rescue protocol sheet).
- Provide sample protocols and procedures to assist Rescuers in their rescue process.
- Encourage all Rescuers to set standards of care for rescued Schipperkes including:
- Taking all rescues to a Licensed Veterinarian for a complete physical examination, all applicable vaccines, and spay/neuter;
- Evaluating all rescued Schipperkes as to temperament and disposition and providing basic training;
- Socializing rescued Schipperkes in a family setting with other animals and people and around strangers both in and outside of the home.
- Thoroughly screening applicants for adoption for suitability of the home environment and the security of the home for the dog;
- Consistently follow-up on all dogs adopted to ensure the proper fit of dog and adopting family.
For a copy of SRN's policies and procedures, please click HERE.
Board of Directors
|Laura C Douglas
|Mark H. Antonucci
East Stroudsburg, PA
Newport News, VA
Ft.. Wayne, IN
Shelley Hall, Phoenix, AZ, Chair